||Safeguarding Children Training Level 3
Creating and Sustaining Safe Environments
Safe environments do not happen by accident. They are purposefully built and carefully maintained. Having a designated safeguarding lead and comprehensive policies and procedures in place to protect children and staff are essential if settings, organisations and institutions are to fulfil their duties and responsibilities. This course provides guidance and information to the voluntary sector about the need to understand and implement policies and procedures in order to create a safer environment for children and the workforce. Participants are encouraged to analyse the part they play in safeguarding children and address any barriers they may have in fulfilling their safeguarding obligations. The course also aims to give useful information about the effective management of complaints, concerns, allegations against someone in a position of trust and serious incidents in line with regulatory requirements. Delegates will receive flexible learning opportunities to help acquire knowledge and skills, drawing upon lessons from serious case reviews, research and real life case studies.
- Have explored the key issues in relation to the role of Designated safeguarding lead
- Have used knowledge and learning from serious case reviews to understand the complexity of managing relationships with professionals and families and the impact of this on practice
- Have an understanding of national and local guidance in relation to managing allegations
- Have knowledge of the process of creating, implementing, monitoring and reviewing policies and procedures in relation to safeguarding children
- Consider policies and practices that minimise opportunities for abuse or ensure its prompt reporting
All safeguarding children training courses are interactive and use a variety of training methods eg case studies, dvds, small and large group discussions and exercises to enhance the participants learning experience.
Each delegate will receive a certificate of attendance and a comprehensive hand-out.
Croydon Voluntary Action
CVA Resource Centre, 82 London Road
Add this event to a calendar application on your computer