||Healthy Weight Awareness Training
Free Healthy Weight Awareness Training for anyone working with young people in Croydon who wishes to update their knowledge and understanding about childhood obesity, the new child weight management service, and how to talk to families about weight.
The training covers:
- Understanding national and local childhood obesity data, the causes/consequences of obesity and what is being done at a national and local level to tackle it.
- Calculating a child’s BMI and plotting on a BMI chart.
- Understanding the key risk factors for childhood obesity and identifying children and families who are most at risk.
- Discovering important considerations for raising the issue of weight with families: assessing readiness to change, using sensitive language, stigma, staff barriers.
- Understanding how to refer families on to the programme and where to signpost families who may not be ready or who aren’t eligible.
- Understanding the importance of Making Every Contact Count (MECC) using top line evidence based diet and lifestyle guidance and advice.
They also offer shorter, bespoke training for healthcare professionals, teachers and school staff at your chosen venue.
Additional dates will be added once they become available should these dates not be suitable.
Should you require bespoke training for school staff at your preferred venue, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Palace for Life
Selhurst Park Stadium
Add this event to a calendar application on your computer