Following on, five task and finish groups will be reviewing existing knowledge and learning, seeking out data, research, best practice, effective models, and expertise to look at turning the recommendations of 'The Way Ahead' into reality. They will propose practical plans for moving to a new system, identifying barriers to new ways of working and opportunities to overcome them. You can find out more about the background to the groups in the short thematic groups summary.
Each group is being coordinated by a sector leader with a strong track record in their field, but we and they are keen that these groups include a diverse range of experience and ideas to help make change happen.
If you're interested in being involved in a group, or finding out more about what's involved, you can get in touch with the thematic leads using their details below:
- Pragmatic co-production: Jake Ferguson from Hackney CVS (Jake.Ferguson@hcvs.org.uk) - first meeting of the group on Monday 19th December at 9.30am
- Triage and connect: Karen Chillman from Volunteer Centre Croydon (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Data sharing: Kate White from Superhighways (email@example.com) and Lea Gorgulu Webb (firstname.lastname@example.org) - first meeting of the group on Tuesday 13th December at 10am
- Voice and campaigning: Alison Navarro from Sutton CVS (email@example.com)
- Consistent commissioning and funding: Phillip Tulba from Locality (Phillip.Tulba@locality.org.uk)
In addition LVSC are delighted that funders are getting on board with helping to support this important work - you can read more about
City Bridge Trust's commitment to the sector (including plans to establish funds of £2.5million linked to The Way Ahead) in their recent committee paper.
source lvsc 13.12.16