National Young Advisors Special Project Group - StreetGolf
The Open Championship 16th – 23rd July 2017; Royal Birkdale Golf Club, Waterloo Rd, Southport, PR8 2LX (Please note, you will not be expected to be at The Open every day).
Please note that although this opportunity takes place in the North West all travel and accommodation (if required) is paid for.
To get involved young people will need:
- To attend a maximum of four planning sessions, held locally in the North West between February and July 2017 - dates and venues are still to be agreed.
- To plan and deliver the StreetGolf Zone at the Open Championships. This is a stand held by The Golf Foundation, that spectators will access to have a go at StreetGolf and find out more about The Golf Foundation and StreetGames.
- To attend all or part of The Open Championship to help run the StreetGolf Zone between 16th and 23rd July 2017.
- To plan and activate the ‘Road to The Open’ for Doorstep Sport Clubs in the North West StreetGames Network.
- Dates: Fourplanning meetings between February and July 2017 – Dates and Venues TBC.
Volunteer Role Description(s)
To work alongside StreetGames and The Golf Foundation to help shape the StreetGolf Zone at The Open Golf Championship in 2017 and plan a local participation campaign for the North West region called ‘Road to The Open’.
You will be responsible for:
- Planning and delivering the StreetGolf Zone at The Open Championship in 2017.
- Helping to shape a StreetGolf participation campaign for the North West StreetGames Network called ‘The Road to The Open’– creativity and innovative ideas are very welcome.
- Engaging with other young volunteers to share your experiences of sport/physical activity and StreetGames.
- Engaging your StreetGames project in ‘The Road to The Open’ participation campaign.
- Reviewing and evaluating your experience as a Young Advisor, including providing StreetGames with feedback on how we can improve in the future.
- Must be involved with a current StreetGames project and aged 16-25.
- Must have previous experience of delivering sports based activities.
- Must be available for the dates above.
- Must be prepared to travel independently to meetings/venues (may including traveling by train/car/bus).
What will be provided:
- All travel and food costs will be covered; this will include accommodation if necessary.
- Support, guidance and encouragement throughout.
- Opportunity to develop your skills and experience.
- Opportunity for your thoughts and ideas to be shared and shaped into a national programme/campaign.
- Each Young Advisor will receive a hoody and t-shirt.
- Access to volunteer and spectate at The Open Championship 2017.
To apply, please complete the online expression of interest form - click here.
The deadline for applications is Friday 20th January 2017.
source streetgames 23.12.16