Write to your Local MP
MP's have all been written to introducing the campaign and encouraging them to visit a social enterprise in their constituency. There is also a template invitation letter for you to use to make it easier to contact them.
To find your local MP and councillors, visit www.writetothem.com – all you need to do is enter your postcode.
Making the most of your visit
- Tweet your local MP’s attendance. Be sure to find out their Twitter handle and post a tweet – both in advance and on the day
- Tell the media - write to your local paper to let them know when the visit is scheduled. Take photos and ask for a quote to share wherever you can.
- Let Social Satruday know what you are planning as they will have promote your event.
- Download their campaign pack which has press releases and example tweets to help you make the most of the visit.
- They can also help promote your local MP’s visit to the media. If you have a visit confirmed, email email@example.com for support.
Social Saturday is on 15th October his year and is designed to boost the number of people buying from Britain’s social enterprises and is also part of the Buy Social campaign. Social Saturday is supported by the Department for Culture, Media and Sport.
Keep up to date with all the latest news on twitter #SocialSaturday2016