This new guide aims to help comms professionals understand how to speak to the board and urges trustees to be more involved. Click to download - you will need to provide an email address.
Ten questions for trustees
The guide also highlights ten questions for trustees to ask their comms teams, these are:
- What can you bring to the development of our organisational strategy?
- How do your comms strategy and activities progress the strategic aims and objectives of the charity?
- What can you do to protect our reputation and mitigate risks?
- Can you provide us with a daily/weekly/monthly briefing about internal and external issues and how these could impact on the organisation?
- Will you coach us as needed – in social media, press interviews, crisis communications etc?
- What oversight can you offer to other departments to help us ensure quality control of information flowing within the organisation and to outside audiences?
- How can comms help us ensure transparency and integrity in the dealings of the organisation?
- How can comms help us ensure the charity acts out its stated values?
- How is comms working together with fundraising to ensure donor communications meet changes in the fundraising environment?
- How can comms help us to demonstrate our impact, service quality and value for money?
source volresources 22.09.16