Grants of up to £5,000 are being offered by Croydon Council in a scheme designed to tackle poverty and support the borough's communities.
Croydon Community Grants second round is now open for all to apply with the aim of supporting the outcomes and objectives of the council's community strategy, the corporate plan, and the recommendations of the Opportunity and Fairness Commission.
The scheme will support activities run by Croydon's community groups in three priority areas.
- Developing active and inclusive communities.
- Helping people care for each other's health and well-being.
- Tackling poverty and social exclusion.
To be eligible for funding, projects must be based in Croydon and
- Show good value for money;
- Be from groups set up as not-for-profit; and
- Be from groups established for more than 18 months, with audited accounts showing they are financially sound.
Anybody with a great idea that they would like to take further should visit www.croydon.gov.uk/croydoncommunitygrants for more details, Complete the pro-forma application online and email to email@example.com.
DEADLINE MIDDAY 30 SEPTEMBER 2016