Grants of between £500,000 and £1 million for projects that take between three to five years to complete will be available to consortia of three or more organisations, including heritage and youth organisations.
The funding is intended to:
- Make heritage relevant to more and a greater diversity of young people, building on their needs and interests.
- Increase the ambition, scale and quality of youth engagement with heritage.
- Develop and embed sustainable, ongoing work with young people within heritage organisations.
- Evidence the value of youth engagement with heritage.
- Projects will also need to meet at least one of the HLF outcomes for heritage, for people and for communities.
An information workshop is taking place at the Museum of London on 28 September 2016, from 2.00pm - 5.00pm. This is currently sold out but you can join the waiting list by clicking here.
You can make project enquiries up until 2 December 2016
Deadline for the fund is 20 February 2017