The Government are carrying out a 'Keeping Children Safe in Education' and would like as many as possible to take part.
If the proposals come into force, amongst other things, it would mean that:
- All staff incuding DSL's will be expected to undertake safeguarding children training at least annually.
- In a (new) section on online safety it recomends that schools should ensure 'approprite filtering and monitoring'. They also have to be careful that 'over-blocking' does not lead to unreasonable restrictions as to what should can be taught with regards to online teaching and safeguarding.
- Schools should have a policy on the use of mobile devices.
- There is also a requirment proposed that there should be either a barred list or a prohibition list check on all new appointees to management positions including governors or trustees in independent schools, academies, or free schools.
- Staff should speak to the local authority designated officers when they have concerns about the headteacher who is also the sole proprietor of a school.
The consultation closes on 16 February 2016, 5pm.
To take part click Keeping Children Safe in Education