Social Media & Digital Skills workshop
Croydon Voluntary Action & Superhighways are partnering with Twitter and Go ON UK to run a series of short workshops on Friday 6th May at the Centrale Shopping Centre as part of the Go ON Croydon initiative. Each 90 minute workshop will be supported by volunteers from Twitter who will give you practical tips and tools that you can take away and use immediately.
The exact shape of the workshop sessions is still being mapped out, but the topics we are expecting to include are:
- Developing an effective social media strategy. Understanding the basics and benefits.
- Presentations on “Getting the most out of Twitter and social media to promote your cause & connect to supporters”.
- “Understanding Twitter basics”. 1:1 coaching from Twitter volunteers to help you with getting started with strategy & practicalities e.g. setting up accounts, recruiting followers, identifying the key people to follow, what to include in your first tweets etc
- “Moving from Twitter basics to intermediate use”. 1:1 coaching from Twitter volunteers for people who already use Twitter, but who want to understand more about Twitter analytics, twitter polls, media
- “Advanced Twitter Use” – 1:1 coaching from Twitter volunteers to run through things like Twitter cards, advanced strategy, paid for ads and much more
Places for the workshop are available on a first come first served basis. Sessions will be run in the morning and the afternoon between 10.30am and 3.30pm. Please book to register your interest and take a step towards making the most of social media for your organisation. We will be back in touch with further details nearer the time.