As many of you will be aware there have been significant changes to the services that are delivered through the council around outdoor youth work and education.
Due to these changes they would like to offer the opportunity for schools and groups or organisations working with young people (aged 11-19 years old) to submit expressions of interest for equipment and resources that can continue to be used in the borough for the benefit of young people to undertake outdoor pursuits and activities.
An inventory of all the equipment and resources available and an expression of interest form can be downloaded from below.
All you have to do is fully complete the expression of interest form and submit it back to Emily Collinsbeare (Emily.Collinsbeare@croydon.gov.uk) by Wednesday 22nd June (midday) for consideration.
You will be contacted by Friday 24th June and will need to collect everything you are allocated on Monday 4th July (venue and opening times to be confirmed).
· Any email submissions should be marked in the ‘subject’ window – OUTDOOR
You should clarify on the form as much about how the equipment will be used (frequency, numbers of young people etc.), any arrangements to share with partners and we will be particularly interested in the importance of using the resources within the borough.
About the list attached:
- ·There are eight separate tabs (pages) to the excel workbook (waterproof clothing, rucksacks, sleeping bags, watersports, tents and camping accessories, archery, electrical equipment, miscellaneous equipment)
- ·Please only request as many pieces of equipment as you can usefully manage
- ·Please don’t request all the equipment or resources
- ·Please consider working with partners to improve access to resources for young people
- ·There is no financial support once schools, organisations or groups take responsibility for resources
- It will be expected that schools, organisations and groups sign a change of ownership document when receiving resources
If you have any questions please get in contact as soon as possible; Emily is unable to respond to questions relating to this process after 5pm on Monday 20th June.