The workshop, hosted by Tinder Foundation in partnership with Go ON UK and E.ON, will provide attendees with the confidence and skills to help people to get online for the first time. It will also look at how community groups and people in the local area can be inspired to make the most of the benefits of being online.
The event will help local organisations:
- Gain a better understanding of their offline customers.
- Find resources and local support to help their customers develop their digital skills.
- Recruit and train Digital Champions to support their work.
It will also help individuals:
- Find Digital Champion volunteering opportunities in their local community.
- Identify techniques to engage and inspire people.
- Find out about resources they can use to help people gain basic digital skills
Attendees at previous events have said:
“The day was a great way to network with other companies"; This training will really help me to motivate and encourage people to use online services"; "I feel ready to recruit more Digital Champions AND to engage with the public.”
There will be opportunities for networking with other Digital Champions and organisations invested in digital skills. If you have any new staff or volunteers who you’d like to become Digital Champions, or just want to brush up your own skills, why not come along?
The event takes place at Croydon Carers Centre Ltd, 12 Katharine Street, Croydon, from 9.30am - 12noon, Tuesday 21 April.
Best of all, tickets are free and lunch will be provided, so why not sign up today?
We look forward to seeing you there!