With the advent of Croydon’s new Live Well service and the importance of physical activity for the overall well-being of Croydon’s population they are offering FREE locally tailored training for the front-facing local authority staff, the voluntary sector, GPs, nurses, HCAs, AHPs and pharmacies (non-clinicians such as carers and administration staff are also welcome)
Why is Physical Activity important?
The UK has amongst the lowest levels of physical activity worldwide with almost 1 in 4 being defined as ‘inactive’.
- These low levels are responsible for 1 in 6 deaths (equal to smoking)
- Up to 40% of many long-term conditions, e.g Type 2 diabetes
- The annual cost in the UK is £7.4bn (including £0.9bn to the NHS)
Why is it important for you to give advice?
Becoming more physically active has been shown to have enormous benefits to overall health however the majority of us do not discuss these benefits with the clients we deal with. This training will focus on practical tips to help you integrate this into your everyday practice.
What are we offering?
A practical, interactive session based on the latest research and evidence led by a Public Health England-trained GP Facilitator and supported by Croydon Council
Up to 2 hours of CPD material to increase understanding, confidence and expertise amongst those involved in patient care.
- Thursday 23rd February 2017 10.00am - 12.00pm
- Thursday 2nd March 2017 12.00pm - 2.00pm
- Thursday 20th April 2017 6.00pm -8.00pm
Contact Juliet Stevenson at Juliet.firstname.lastname@example.org to book a place.