If Only I'd Known
Starting this November, the Carers Support Centre is hosting 6 workshops for carers of people diagnosed with dementia who are caring for them in the community. These sessions provide a safe space to understand more about dementia, find support and learn new ways of coping with the daily challenges.
To ensure sessions are relevant to carers, workshops have been co-produced by carers and former carers of people with dementia, working alongside staff from South London and Maudsley’s Older Adult services.
Topics covered include:
- Wednesday 1 November, 2pm - 4pm: Talking about Dementia.
- Wednesday 8 November, 2pm - 4pm: Health of the Person with Dementia – Physical.
- Wednesday 15 November, 2pm - 4pm: Health of the Person with Dementia – Emotional.
- Wednesday 22 November, 2pm - 4pm: Safety and Independence of the Person with Dementia.
- Wednesday 29 November, 2pm - 4pm: The Legal Side of Things.
- Wednesday 6 December, 2pm - 4pm: Care for the Carer.
You can book a place on one, some or all of the workshops. To book, call 020 3228 1625 or email email@example.com