The Future of Family Services reports:
- Findings that parents are concerned the lack of early years services, and most value activities where they can take part with their child, the report recommends a national strategy from the government which:
- Ensures adequate investment in crucial early years services from central Government with earmarked funding for local authorities.
- Effectively engages parents in the development of the national strategy, and outline how parents should be involved in the development of local services.
- Prioritises strengthening communities by reaching out to and welcoming all families in the local area.
- Makes sure families know about the services on offer locally by providing clear and comprehensive information.