A FGM clinic will be opening in Croydon and this training is a great oppotunity for professionals and the community.
Training is free for Croydon's communities and fees negotiable for health professionals as their training will be of benefit to the community.
This training aims to empower the community to say no to FGM (female genital mutilation) and cultural related health practices.
People attending from the community will: develop an awareness of female genital mutilation; and develop an awareness of health related cultural practices. Participants will receive a Level 3 Certificate accredited by OCN London. Read more
Health professionals working with young girls and women are eligible to attend the Managing FGM and Health related cultural practices.
Aims of this training:
- Recognise the warning signs that a girl is at risk of FGM
- Understanding the nature of appropriate provision needed for the care and support of women affected by FGM in UK
- Knowing how to work with statutory agencies and key professionals to tackle FGM
- Exploring the various health related cultural practices
- Understanding the beliefs and values of those who have experienced cultural practices including FGM
- Understand safeguarding issues around cultural health practices
- Knowing what services are available that tackle harmful cultural health practices
- Participants will gain a Level 3 Certificate, accredited by OCN London. There are 4 modules, fee negotiable. Read more
Contact 020 8688 6000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.