From January 2018, applications to the Energy People Trust will no longer be accepted.
The Trust comes to an end of the programme after 12 years of support for people and projects in England, Scotland and Wales. The Trust offers its grateful thanks to ScottishPower for the £15 million pounds plus which were placed at the Trust’s disposal to fund these important projects.
Funding will be consolidated through the Scottish Power Foundation, which is due to open for its next round in the summer of 2018.
The Foundation provides funding to registered charities and non-profit organisations for the following purposes:
- The advancement of education.
- The advancement of environmental protection.
- The advancement of the arts, heritage, culture or science.
- The prevention or relief of poverty and the relief of those in need by reason of disability or other disadvantage.
- The advancement of citizenship and community development.
Current Energy People Trust grant-holders will be able to complete their projects until completion.