Do you struggle to heat your home in winter?
Confused by the meters, timers and heating controls in your home?
Would you like to reduce your gas and electricity bills?
Healthy Homes has launched and open to take referrals!
Croydon Healthy Homes supports Croydon households struggling to heat their homes and pay their fuel bills. The scheme is for people who own their home or rent it from a private sector landlord, and is aimed at families at risk of being in fuel poverty or with a member living with a medical condition which could be exacerbated by living in a cold home.
Qualified Energy Assessors can visit residents in their homes and support them to:
- Increase the energy efficiency and thermal comfort of the homes and reduce fuel poverty by: ensuring all timers and controls are set appropriately for the needs of the household; offering advice about reducing their energy use; fitting FREE small energy saving measures,
- Helping residents get onto the best fuel tariffs for them
- Improve their health and wellbeing through advice about support available to them
There is no charge for a Home Visit or any of the measures fitted during the Home Visit.
People can be referred (or self-refer) for a Home Visit
- Using an online portal, using a link on the Croydon Council website www.croydon.gov.uk/healthyhomes
- Freephone number 0800 292 2529 (Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm)
- By completing a paper referral, which can be scanned and emailed or send by post. A draft information/referral sheet is attached.
Full details of Croydon Healthy Homes, including the eligibility criteria are available by clicking on the link below. There is also information about an alternative scheme for social housing tenants.