The London Community Foundation (LCF) will be managing the above fund. The fund will focus on supporting existing VAWG-specialist grassroots organisations operating deep in London’s communities.
The Fund follows consultation earlier this year by MOPAC which found that VAWG-specialist grassroots providers are increasingly dealing with greater and more complex needs. Yet funding for smaller organisations has reduced or is dominated by short-term project funding which is not sustainable. The consultation also found that grassroots Black and minority ethnic (BME) specific services are disproportionately affected by funding challenges
This VAWG Grassroots Fund is part of MOPAC’s wider VAWG Strategy and you can find out more about the MOPAC VAWG Strategy here.
Key features of the Fund include:
- Priority focus (80% of funds) on organisations delivering VAWG services to support BAME communities
- Capacity-building support programme to be co-designed with grantees
- Networking events and peer support across grantees
- Engagement of successful grantees in evaluation
- Two-year funding commitment to existing VAWG-specialist organisations
Information sessions offered by LCF are now taking place. Demand has been high and places all allocated however you can still complete the Expressions of Interest form and be first to hear about future events/opportunities.