Since the start of the year the Council has been working towards a review of its Equality Objectives which were due to expire this financial year and aspired to develop an Equality Strategy document that maps the Council’s approach to fairness, equity and inclusion across the borough.
To do this effectively, the Council needs to talk to residents, local organisations, community groups, voluntary sector and other interested parties about its plans and listen to their thoughts, ideas and feedback to help shape its own long terms plan.
They know that recent events in our own nation sitting alongside the impact of Covid19 have brought to the fore issues of societal and health equity, and fairness. As we come out of lockdown, we are beginning to plan how to engage residents, private and public partners, and local VCS organisations against the current economic and health landscape and against the background of a new ‘normal’.
What are the benefits of taking part in this process?
- Sharing your views, opinions and feedback will ensure that issues or concerns that matter to you are picked up
- You will be helping the Council to make its approach to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion more effective
- Taking part will help policy makers aware of concerns or issues not picked through existing evidence or research
- It will help the council monitor existing policy and decide what needs to change or be amended
How can you get involved?
There are a number of ways in which you may choose to take part including:
- One to one telephone interviews
- Online survey
- Online forum groups
- Face to face forum groups – subject to national social distancing rules
If you are interested, they can share with you the collective feedback from all participants, at the end of the engagement process.
They don't have any dates for any of the sessions yet, but please indicate your interest and preferred approach by sharing your contact details with them – so you can be added to the ‘Stakeholder List’, allowing them to make contact once they have more detail for the sessions mentioned above.
You may of course wish to nominate someone to take part on your behalf.
Whom do I contact if I am interested in taking part?
Barbara Grant Yvonne Okiyo
Senior Policy Officer Equality Manager
Tel: 020 8726 6000 ext. 88953 Tel: 020 8726 6000 ext. 63265