Sayer Vincent have put together some headlines - below - from the outcome of the consultation process that finished in February 2020.
• The consultation received over 800 responses, about 500 came from a survey carried out by the Small Charities Coalition
• Majority of feedback on the Integrity and Diversity principles
• Diversity principle will be renamed – most likely to “Equality, Diversity and Inclusion”, and get a rewrite recognising this as an area where thinking has moved on substantially since the first draft of the code
• Integrity principle will be updated and incorporate the four NCVO ethical principles
• The other principles are expected to be largely unchanged
• The intention is to review it every three years – so the next update will be 2023 when it will be due for a more substantial overha
If you are interested in the detailed consultation response, you can read more here.
source vincentsayer 23.09.20