A monthly pop-up 'Sustainable Living Hub' is expected to be available in Spring 2022. Details are currently being put together and it is hoped the hub will include:
- Refills of popular home and body care products.
- Free repairs of electronics and clothes.
- Free swaps of items such as clothes, toys and maybe more.
- Terracycle point where you can drop off a number of items that Croydon Council does not recycle.
- Free information, advice and encouragement from a range of local groups and organisations on key sustainability issues such as energy, transport, food and finance. We will also invite a number of local environmental groups to have a presence.
- Free activities for kids.
- Free plant-based milk tasting.
- Free workshops, talks and possibly screenings on related topics.
The group is looking to recruit a lot of volunteers in the running up to as well as for the smooth running of these hubs, so if you’re potentially interested then e-mail email@example.com.