The Write Time have been delivering highly successful and effective free mentoring to young people who are ‘at risk of becoming NEET’, for the past two years. They are also supporting students that are near the end of their education and don’t yet have a positive destination into apprenticeships or employment.
To access this free provision, young people must fit at least one of the following criteria:
- Must be NEET
- Be 16-24 year olds at point of enrolment
- Be a migrant
- Be in care or a care-leaver
- Be homeless/ living in a hostel
- Be a traveler (including Gypsy Roma)
- Have mental health difficulties
- Have drug/ alcohol issues
- Be a teenage parent/ parent to be
- Be a young carer
This programme will not cost you a penny, as it is fully funded by the European Social Fund, and is a fantastic model for implementing IAG to students who may be considered 'harder to reach' than the average student demographic.