Along with CFG, Voice for Change, Locality, the Institute of Fundraising, Big Society Capital and the Small Charities Coalition, NAVCA has outlined five policy proposals to address challenges faced by small and medium-sized voluntary organisations.
- Existing public service contracts should be adjusted for the introduction of the National Living Wage, and related workplace pension costs.
- The creation of a Community Capital Fund to enable communities to take ownership of their assets and ensure they become self-sustaining.
- The creation of a Centre for Social Value which would sit within the Commissioning Academy.
- Creation of Voluntary Sector Master Classes to compliment the recently introduced Local Sustainability Fund by providing a range of technical training sessions that will equip voluntary organisations with the ability to improve their capacity and financial sustainability in the long-term.
- The establishment of Partnership Hubs to promote and create innovative solutions in the delivery of public services.