Added or updated on the legal update website for voluntary organisations
NOTE: When testing the links, the old version of the /legalstatus.htm webpage appeared. To check you have the new one, click on the first link below and the Serious incidents article should start with "Updated 9/1/17". If it starts with a 2016 date, it means you have the old version in your cache. Click the Refresh button (a semi-circular or circular arrow) next to the webpage address at the top of your screen, and you should get the new version.
Reporting Serious Incidents – England and Wales
Charity Commission consultation on revised guidance for reporting serious incidents ended on 12 January 2017.
- Consultation until 3 February 2017 on draft governance code for charities in England and Wales (also relevant to non-charities).
- Complete revamp of Northern Ireland DIY committee website, which includes the NI good governance code and other governance resources.
- New governance code for sports organisations – compliance to be obligatory from April 2017 for any sports organisation applying for government or National Lottery funding.
All at www.sandy-a.co.uk/legalstatus.htm#governanceresources-trustees
Other Recent Governance Resources
- Easy-read version of NCVO's Good trustee guide, to support people with a learning disability who are or might become charity trustees.
- Updated guidance and good practice for trustees from OSCR for Scottish charities, plus an easy-read version.
- Two reports from New Philanthropy Capital: Above and beyond in trusteeship and What makes a good charity?
- Advising Communities continues some of the services of Community Matters.
Also click here for information following on from the governance codes.
source sandy adirondack 09.01.17