CVA is the London Learning site for ABCD training, partnering with Nurture Development to offer a UK wide programme of accredited training for citizens, practitioners and agency leaders.
From our Croydon headquarters Nurture Development is offering their two-day workshop, hosted by Cormac Russell, exploring Asset Based Community Development.
We are particularly pleased to be offering this along with a wider programme of training with our strategic partners Croydon Voluntary Action. They have demonstrated exemplary commitment to the ABCD principles over the last six years and have enabled asset based community driven change to take root in many neighbourhoods across Croydon. Together we look forward to demystifying the theory and the practice of Asset-based Community Development and supporting you to deepen your practice and impact" Cormac Russel, Nurture Development.
- Gives you an understanding of the history of ABCD, relating it to your experience of community development.
- Explains the 5 guiding principles of ABCD in both theory and practice.
- Identifies the 6 building blocks or assets of community building, exploring how these can be identified, connected and mobilised in the neighbourhood context.
- Shares the 8 touch stones of community building, offering stories and examples of their application.
- Identifies the ABCD Tools for Change: e.g. Learning Conversations & Asset Mapping.
- Involves you in activities and exercises that you can then use in practice where you live and/or work.
- Uses stories and case studies of ABCD in action from our Learning Sites, in the UK and around the world, to highlight effective practice.