||Full: L1 Safeguarding Children - Keeping Children Safe
Safeguarding children is everybody’s business and it is essential that professionals in the voluntary sector who have contact with children are clear about their duties and responsibilities. This course provides an overview of the current safeguarding system (including local and national guidance and data) and explores the difference between safeguarding children and child protection. It provides up to date, practical information to enable you to create and sustain safer environments for children and your workforce.
This workshop aims to promote professional resilience, confidence and competence when working with vulnerable children and their families and assist in the delivery of Croydon’s early help strategy, including references to key local guidance and resources. Participants are given tools to be able to recognise some of the key signs and risk indicators of child abuse and opportunities to explore what to do if you have child protection concerns, including who to refer to and how.
- * Have an improved understanding of the Croydon EHA, MASH and LADO referral pathways
- * Have considered how to promote effective safeguarding practices within your organisation
- Be able to identify important changes to statutory and local guidance and discuss the impact of this on practice
- Recognise the need for early intervention to support children and families
- Revised knowledge of the signs and symptoms of child abuse and the associated risk indicators
CVA Resource Centre, 82 London Road
Add this event to a calendar application on your computer