One off grants are available for voluntary service organisations for the piloting of new services and approaches or the extension of current programmes that support offender rehabilitation.
Voluntary organisations can apply for grants of between £50,000 and £250,000. They should be a registered charity, an exempt charity or a social enterprise.
Applications can be submitted by:
- A single organisation which will deliver the activities.
- A lead organisation working with other voluntary sector organisations (this can include partnerships with Universities) developing elements of the work.
- An umbrella consortium formed from a number of organisations with shared objectives and agreed arrangements for leadership and governance.
The Grants Programme will consist of four themes which organisations can apply for. The four themes will be advertised as different bids on the Ministry of Justice (MoJ) Sourcing Portal. On the Portal the project number for the HMPPS Grants Programme is Prj_1662.
Organisations may choose to bid for one or more of the following themes:
- Improving support for families and significant others (ITT 3674)
- Improving outcomes for those with protected characteristics (£250,000 of the Grants Programme has been ringfenced for an organisation to identify and manage other VCSE organisations to deliver a programme addressing this theme across multiple sites and settings. Other lower value bids for this theme will also be considered.) (ITT 3675)
- Improving health and well-being (ITT 3677)
- Improving safer custody across the prison estate (ITT 3676)
Deadline for applications is 1 November 2019, @10am. Click HERE for more details