Croydon Voluntary action relies on volunteers to provide a great welcome to our busy centres. We also need people to help with the administration of linking potential volunteers to charities and community projects across the borough.
These are great roles for developing your skills while helping people across our community get involved in local projects.
Team Croydon Shop (specific activity)
We ask volunteers in these roles to carry out a variety of tasks:
- Help in reception with enquiries
- Answer the telephone
- Deal with customer enquiries about volunteering, in person, on the phone and via email
- Conduct short interviews with customers to identify volunteering opportunities
- Book people into training/information sessions
- Keep up to date with volunteering opportunities
- Keep the volunteering database up to date
We require from you:
- A minimum commitment of two half-days per week, time by agreement (Monday to Saturday).
- Pleasant telephone manner, if answering the phone
- Smart appearance
- Confident in the use of a computer however training is given on our systems.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
Resource Centre (specific activity)
The Resource Centre is CVA’s head office. It is a busy building in which several charitable organisations have office space and hold events. Several CVA projects are run from this building and we hold training session and meetings here. Volunteers will help to organise and run the centre helping to ensure the community has a good experience while using the building.
Main activities will be:
- Helping in reception with enquiries
- Answering the telephone
- Dealing with customer and general public enquiries and making appointments
- Utilising our Room booking system
- Redirecting enquires
- Stock Replenishment
- Keeping reception area tidy and up to date
Other tasks could include
- Filing, photocopying, helping with mailings.
- Setting up room before meeting and clearing away
- Any other office duties by agreement.
Interested? Then please complete the online application and we will be in contact to arrange a time to meet.
If you have any queries please email Mary Lawrence.