CVA, One Croydon Alliance and partners are working toward a collaborative borough wide approach to Social Prescribing. Social Prescribing offers unique opportunities moving forward to:
- Build partnerships between General Practices and the local Voluntary and Community Sector economy
- Work alongside local Link Workers to strengthen the Voluntary and Community sector
- Create a service that benefits Communities and local residents
"Social prescribing is a way for local agencies to refer people to a link worker. Link workers give people time, focusing on 'what matters to me' and taking a holistic approach to people's health and wellbeing. They connect people to community groups and statutory services for practical and emotional support.” (NHS England)
Social Prescribing wants “to support people with a range of emotional, physical and mental health needs to better access support, largely in the community, to improve their lives" (Mick Ward, Nuture Development and Health Innovation Lab)
- Interested in working alongside your local Link Worker to strengthen your service and expand capacity?
- Volunteer interested in the approach of ABCD (Asset Based Community Develop) toward the development of Social Prescribing and looking to get involved?
- a VCS organisation receiving referrals from Social Prescribing Link Workers?
CVA hosts a monthly Link Worker Forum where you could get involved, please contact email@example.com