This training is suitable for volunteer managers and anyone with a responsibility for working with or recruiting volunteers. It covers the nuts and bolts of creating and recruiting to a volunteer role, such as writing a role description and managing the application process.
In addition to these practical steps of creating and recruiting to a volunteer role, the workshop also focuses on the underlying nature of volunteering, and how to use this understanding to better attract volunteers.
Topics covered include:
- Writing a role description
- Advertising and promoting your roles
- Tackling the barriers to volunteering
- The application process
- Interviewing volunteers and making decisions
Learning outcomes, attendees will:
- Gain an understanding of the motivations behind volunteering and how to tap into this for recruitment
- Know the key barriers to volunteering, and how to remove or reduce them
- Understand the need to avoid the ‘workplace model’ of recruitment, and make the process as straightforward as possible
CVA Resource Centre, 82 London Road
Add this event to a calendar application on your computer