||L4 Safeguarding Children 4 for Designated Leads (Schools)
In line with Keeping Children Safe in Education 2018, Working together to safeguard children (2018) and other DfE stautory guidance, Designated teachers must have a full understanding of their roles and responsibilities to assess initial incidents and concerns, confidently advise and instruct other educational staff, be able to share information appropriately with children social care and other agencies, ensure that all staff understand the schools safeguarding systems and raise awareness of what safeguarding means in practice to governors, staff, parents, children and 3rd party partners
All staff working with children and young people in schools, academies and colleges who have a designated responsibility for child protection and safeguarding.
This includes being able to:
- Identify cases of suspected abuse and neglect and know how to respond · Identify concerns specific to working with children from diverse cultural and racial backgrounds .i.e. F.G.M.
- Identify and implement strategies to support vulnerable children
- Provide other staff in the school with advice on safeguarding matters
- Understand the role of other agencies in safeguarding children and contribute to risk assessments working in partnership with families and multi- agency professionals in delivering subsequent interventions
- Have knowledge of and ensure the existence of relevant safeguarding policies and procedures
- Maintain an overview of the safeguarding policies, procedures and processes within the school
- Access further safeguarding training, information and materials and be able to share their learning with others in the workplace via workshops and training events
- Ensure staff are aware of policies and procedures and are appropriately trained to identify signs and indicators of abuse and neglect
- Maintain an overview of and monitor all vulnerable children and young people within the school
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the safeguarding processes within the school and contribute to changes when needed
- All safeguarding children training courses are interactive and use a variety of training methods eg case studies, dvds, small and large group discussions and exercises to enhance the participants learning experience.
Each delegate will receive a certificate of attendance and a comprehensive hand-out
Trainer: Susan Taylor, Tailormade Training Solutions
Book here now
CVA Resource Centre, 82 London Road
Add this event to a calendar application on your computer