|Title||L4 Safeguarding Children for Designated Leads and Deputies Webinar|
In this workshop, learners will be encouraged to:
- explore the role of the designated safeguarding lead
- explore their own management and leadership style and analyse the part they play in creating a safeguarding culture that prioritises children’s wellbeing
- create safer safeguarding systems
- understand the legislative framework and regulatory compliance
Safe recruitment and selection processes are essential if settings, organisations and institutions are to attract the best staff and deter and reject those who may pose a risk to children or who are unsuitable to work with them. This course promotes safer recruitment practice and challenges poor and unsafe processes. Participants will have opportunities to examine how to continually assess the ‘suitability’ of their workforce, and learn how to implement safeguarding audits to evidence performance and identify gaps.
Learning objectives * Increase awareness of safeguarding risks
* develop and maintain a culture that prevents abuse and challenges inappropriate behaviour * Identify the key features of staff recruitment that help deter or prevent the appointment of unsuitable people * Begin to review their own and their organisations’ policies and practices in recruitment with a view to making them safer
* Build safeguarding confidence and competanceAll safeguarding children training courses are interactive and use a variety of training methods eg case studies, dvds, small and large group discussions and exercises to enhance the participants learning experience.
Each delegate will receive a certificate of attendance and a comprehensive hand-out
Please note: Your Zoom invitation with log in details will be emailed to attendees on the day prior to the event.
Trainer: Susan Taylor, Tailormade Training Solutions
Please register first on eventbrite here
|Date and Time||25/11/20 from 09:30 to 14:30|