|Title||Online Filmmaking for 13-16 year olds|
Lights, Camera, Action!
Gain practical and technical skills in fiction filmmaking. Over five days students will:
- Lean an introduction to filmmaking
- Learn how to develop story ideas
- Practice shooting and editing techniques
- Learn how to use a camera to tell stories via shooting techniques
- Explore cinematography: filmmaking equipment, sound kits, how to direct, shot types, location scouting, acting on camera, moving the camera, props, film crew roles, and post-production.
- And! Shoot scenes for our young ambassador's music video (IG - @mtaevolution) - a special rendition of Bill Withers 'Lean on Me. Music Relief will have a screening of the finished product across social media once we have compiled the final edit.
*Please note, that the course does not require students to sing.
Our course offers a safe way for young people to learn a new skill, do something fun over the holidays, and meet peers of a similar age group (through Zoom). Students are free to shoot footage of actors and locations of their choosing and availability, as agreed upon by their parents e.g at home or local green spaces.
The course is suitable for all levels, no previous filmmaking knowledge or experience is required. We will provide full training and support.
Whether you are interested in studying film at GCSE or A-Level, are a film enthusiast, or want to pursue a career in front of or behind the camera, our course is the perfect way for you to explore a new career path, start your journey into filmmaking, and work with an industry professional to gain expert advice about filmmaking and careers in the industry.
All participants must have access to a camera (e.g smartphone camera), plus access to a laptop or tablet for editing.
This experience is designed to combat boredom, challenge young people, and encourage soft skills such as organisation, planning, networking, problem-solving, and leadership.
Develop Creativity, Confidence, Imagination and Skills!
Takes place from 3-7 August 2020 from 12pm - 2pm each day