||What Good Governance looks like
CVA is sharing training with Sutton CVS
Who should sign up?
- Those considering becoming a trustee but want to know more before they do.
- New charity trustees who want to understand the fundamentals of being a trustee.
- Serving charity trustees who want to update or refresh their knowledge.
- Staff in charities who need to know what trustees do, or develop an effective board.
What will I get out of it?
- Explore the benefits and challenges of being a trustee
- Develop further skills in your role as a trustee
- Work more effectively as a member of the governing board
- An opportunity to ask questions and get advice
- How to be Compliant – Legislative, regulatory, and best practice guidelines
- How to be Useful – Bringing your own areas of expertise to the board
- How to be Supportive – Walking the line between helping and interfering
- How to be Effective – Using the time you have effectively as a trustee
- How to be Strategic – Getting the balance right between detail and strategy
- How to stay Informed – Information and reports trustees should expect and receive
- Trustees in a Crisis – The role of a trustee during a time of crisis.
- Trustee surgery – An opportunity to discuss real challenges and issues.
Add this event to a calendar application on your computer