Croydon Council and Family Action were successful in a bid to bring funding to the borough for summer activities through the Summer Holiday Hunger Fund. Groups can now bid to deliver.
There’s funding for around 100 programmes in total on a first come first served basis, so early application is advised. Training will be offered in June to successful applicants.
Organisations will need to deliver free programmes on 4 days per week, 4 weeks of the Summer, 4 hours each day:
- Delivery focused on areas with high levels of free school meal pupils
- Clubs can be for pupils (school aged) or whole families (parents don’t have to stay the whole time)
- Clubs must include a healthy meal, some physical activity, some enrichment activities and some food/healthy eating activity/game
- Clubs will be offered £4160 for 25 pupils and £8 per pupil, per day for every pupil over this number
- Clubs in special schools or with an SEND focus will be offered up to £6,400 for 25 pupils
- One-off £300 grants available for equipment
- Organisations will receive support with menus, activity ideas, training, food safety etc.