The above programme provides free legal advice and support to small not-for profit organisations who give valuable support to communities across England and Wales.
How it works:
Where a not-for-profit organisation needs help with a one-off legal issue, LawWorks matches the organisation with a volunteer lawyer from its network of member law firms and in-house legal teams who can advise on that matter.
Examples of discrete matters volunteers can help with include:
- · Drafting a contract,
- · Reviewing a lease,
- · Updating a constitution/articles, and
- · Clarifying rights in a commercial dispute.
Volunteers can advise on property, commercial/contract, tax, IP, insurance, insolvency, data protection, defamation, and company law.
How to apply:
- The organisation can check if it is eligible at the following link: https://www.lawworks.org.uk/legal-advice-not-profits/eligibility-criteria-and-guidance
- If eligible, the online application form can be completed at: (https://www.lawworks.org.uk/legal-advice-not-profits/free-legal-assistance/not-profits-programme-application-form)
- LawWorks will then work with the organisation to gather more information and see how it can help.
More information about the free legal assistance service is available here
Free videos covering legal issues:
Organisations can also watch a collection of online videos about common legal issues faced by not-for-profits. These short and practical videos are free to watch on the LawWorks website and cover areas such as charity issues, property law, employment law, and lots more. You can watch the videos here
If you have any questions about these services, please do not hesitate to get in contact with LawWorks by emailing email@example.com. You can also download a leaflet from below.