In partnership with the Council, CVA initiated quarterly partnership events in each of the 6 One Croydon localities laying the foundations for supporting One Croydon with the Kings Fund ambition to devolve ‘power and authority to local people and communities’.
We co-host Local Partnership events in six areas:
- Croydon North East (Crystal Palace South, Upper Norwood, Thornton Heath & South Norwood)
- Croydon North West (Norbury, Pollards Hill, West Thornton Heath & Bensham Manor).
- Croydon Central East (Woodside, Shirley, Addiscombe East, & Park Hill)
- Croydon Central West (Broad Green, Fairfield, Addiscombe West, Selhurst, Waddon & South Croydon)
- Croydon South East (New Addington, Fieldway, Addington Village, Forestdale, Monks Hill & Selsdon).
- Croydon South West (Purley, Woodcote, Riddlesdown, Purley Oaks, Sanderstead, Kenley, Coulsdon & Old Coulsdon)
Partnership meetings are attended by voluntary sector groups, Council staff, NHS staff, schools and nurseries, Government representatives and active citizens.
On each of the above pages, you can find a link to our Simply Connect Croydon database, which lists all local activities and services. To better understand how to navigate it click here.
Local Community Partnerships have identified key priority themes for their neighbourhoods and Community Plans are emerging in each locality, using the strength of people and communities and joining up with services to tackle health inequalities. Through solution-orientated plans we are providing insight for Commissioners and enabling more transparent, joined up and effective commissioning in localities.
As part of One Croydon’s Locality Operating Model CVA is supporting the development of Community Hubs, a ‘close-to-home’, accessible and welcoming place where local residents will feel comfortable going to access wrap around support including connection to local activities. In 2022, Croydon Voluntary Action's and Asian Resource Centre Croydon’s Community Facilitators worked with fantastic groups to launch a Community Hub in New Addington (with New Addington Pathfinders) and in Thornton Heath (with Age UK Croydon). Through Local Community Partnerships we've identified many potential Community Hubs across the borough and we're ambitious to support more.
In November 2023 we heard from local groups at One Croydon's Local Community Partnerships event. View presentations here.